Friday, November 24, 2023

Critical Reflection

Module Learning:

At the start of the course, the initial goals I have set for myself is to enhance my thinking process in a more logical manner as well as the content that I should use. Through critical thinking and critical reflection, I am able to better process by applying the three factors which are viability, feasibility and desirability. In engineering context, I am able produce a write up based on the three factors and consider how I can convince my audience reading about my engineering product with a step by step flow explaining why and how the product will positively impact lives for instance. In addition, it filters out unnecessary information and only certain information that should be included to have a greater influence in convincing the audience. I firmly believe that my goals are met because I have a clearer view of how to convince audience with an evident approach. In my opinion, I have engage often with my classmates and discuss on certain matters and enjoy listening to different perspectives which helped me learn how they express their thoughts as compared to when they write something, it is a totally different explanation. However, I feel I can improve these skills by widening my talks to more people out there since alternative perspective gives me greater insights and learn how they are able to craft out their style of flow which can be gained by seeking their advice. 

(238 words)


Project Learning: 

The focus of my research project I will talking about is the structure of content. In the pursuit of my research project with my team, we first highlight the key features we will want to include in our report content such that it gives us an easier access to the background information and start linking it all the way down to the purpose and problem statement. This is possible as we dive into how audience perceive our report when reading and we include information along the way using the structural approach which follows the PEEL format. In terms of speaking, I have adopted the way I wrote my report and speak with the PEEL format as well but in point forms so it does not feel like a script and more of an approach that I understand my topic. For teamwork skills, we highlight to one another areas for improvement by including better vocabulary words to provide a professional standard. We tend to have meetings often and go through areas that we feel can be rephrased and consider if the information is really necessary to persuade stakeholders on our engineering product. Overall I am pleased with the learning style picked up through the report writing because I am less stubborn as compared to the start and more willing to accept changes because my perspective might not be the best and I am more open to change and twig the style of the report since its a team project. 

(248 words)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reader Response Draft 4

The webpage “Review: the DJI Mini 2 is the perfect drone for beginners” from Murphy (2020) presents the features and functions of DJI’s phot...